Skip To Main Content

Financial Aid/Scholarships

FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)

The first step to take, if you are entering your senior year, is to fill out a form known as the "FAFSA." This form, once you fill it out completely and send it off, gives the government finance folks a chance to review your needs and to offer you some options regarding your eligibility for different types of aid. Click on the following links to get started...

For other general information regarding federal aid, review these sites:

Need help understanding financial aid? Contact the California Higher Education Answer Center. It is a free, not-for-profit service established to help students and families seeking information about financial aid make informed decisions about paying for college. When you call and speak with a Financial Aid Specialist, you will get fast and informed answers to your questions.

Call: 866.772.4352 

Student Financial Aid Programs

The U.S. Department of Education has the following major student financial assistance programs:

  • Federal PELL Grants
  • Federal Work Study
  • Federal Stafford Loans
  • Federal PLUS Loans

A combination of federal student loans designed to make repayment more manageable. Applications are available from:

  • Financial aid offices
  • Participating lenders
  • Federal Perkins Loans:
  • The Montgomery GI Bill
  • Community College Fee Waiver (BOGW)


Since 1998, Scholarship search website has assisted millions of students from high school all the way through graduate school in their efforts to find money for college. They have created an Educator's Resource Center, where you can find downloadable and printable fact sheets on choosing colleges, scholarships and other financial aid at 

Campaign Scholarships

Check out the latest campaign scholarship opportunities for more information on how to get involved.

Scholarship/Award Links

Access Scholarships

AES Engineering Scholarship

Aviation Scholarship 

Better Business Bureau Ambassador Scholarship


Chegg Scholarship Tool

Civic Learning Award



Cooke Foundation College Scholarship

Dell Scholars Program

Edison Scholars Program



Get Schooled

Going Merry



Sallie Mae

Scholarship Owl



Helpful Hints on Applying for Student Financial Aid

Complete the paper form Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available at any school, or apply over the Internet.
Each federal school code number, required on applications, can be looked up at college financial aid offices, public libraries or at the Office of Post Secondary Education.
For federal student aid, apply as early as possible after January 1 for the upcoming Fall and Spring college semesters, or at least two months prior to school/training start date.
It takes 3-4 weeks to process forms and receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) by mail. The SAR provides information on eligibility for federal aid.