Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs)
Early College High School will prepare its graduates to be:
Complex Thinkers who:
- Complete projects using effective problem solving techniques and a variety of resources.
- Apply learned skills, complex problem-solving processes and critical thinking to new problems and real life scenarios.
- Use higher level thinking skills, processes, and competencies to develop and extend their learning beyond the formal academic setting
- Analyze, integrate and synthesize multiple resources and perspectives to formulate a justifiable rationale within various contexts.
Effective Citizens who:
- Demonstrate knowledge of diverse cultures and engage in school, community and world affairs
- Foster tolerance for individual differences and demonstrate skills in resolving conflicts through positive, non-violent alternative actions.
- Convey environmental awareness and responsibility.
Responsible, Self-Directed Learners who:
- Use effective goal setting strategies to determine priorities and meet educational, vocational, and personal goals and standards.
- Exhibit good study and work habits that include completed schoolwork, attendance, promptness, and effective time management to accomplish projects.
- Exhibit teamwork motivation and discipline. Accepting individual and group responsibility while working in a group setting on projects and assignments.
Collaborative Workers who:
- Use effective leadership and group skills to foster, develop, and maintain relations within a group to achieve mutually significant goals.
- Exhibit the confidence to lead a group and the flexibility to recognize and follow the leadership of others.
Effective Communicators who:
- Convey complex ideas and emotions through written, verbal and visual mediums.
- Receive, interpret and analyze ideas and messages from others.
- Use technology as a tool to enhance the communication of various ideas and points of view.